Monday, May 25, 2009

A Friend Remembered

What should have been a day of fun and relaxation turned to tragedy and sorrow. It all started with a phone call I received this morning around 8 o'clock. My friend Capers Phillips had been killed late Sunday night. I could not believe what my ears were hearing...it couldn't be true...I had just seen him Friday! I am so thankful for the time I got to spend with Mr. Capers Friday...he had picked me up a remote for my garage while in Augusta on a doctors visit...of course I fussed about the price and then Mr. Capers joked about the fact that even though he had built my house 2 1/2 years ago I still thought that he should fix everything that went wrong...we always enjoyed teasing each other and I am really going to miss him! My heart is broken and I pray for Ms. Deloris and the rest of the family to find peace and healing with God by their side.

Mr. Capers I hope there is a race track in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment