Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Burrrrrr, it's cold here! When we woke up this morning it was 22 with a windchill of 16. The wind will go right through you. I made sure Caroline and I were dressed warm though.

Just a little recap of our weekend. Caroline was in her first pageant of the new year Saturday and she received 2nd runner up. She is currently learning a new walk and went a little to fast on her circles...but she looked AMAZING!!! I am always so proud of her...win or lose. Then on Sunday we went to mom's for lunch...it sure was delicious. Later Caroline had a birthday party to attend for her friend Faith, who is also her dance partner, at McDonalds. Boy, was that an adventure! For those of you who know me, know that I never let Caroline play at any play areas at resturants...you never know what is in them...I cringe as I right this. So when we get there, what is the first things Caroline ask me to do, if she can go out with all the other children and play on the play area. My first thought, NO, but then the look on her face as she was asking, yes you can go out and play, did I really say those words...who said that....so she went out to play. Then they called all the kids in to eat but McDonald's had for some reason...I can't imagine why...had put out the party favors for the children at each plate. Do you know what it's like to have 15 kids blowing party horns in a room...I thought I was going to loose it!!! Who in their right mind would do that? Children blew their horns while waiting on their food to be distributed out to them, while they were eating, and during gift opening. I was so ready to leave there that I could hardly stand it!!! I finally got all of Caroline's area cleaned up and Faith opened the gift we had brought her and we left...thank goodness. Then is was back to the house for the Supper Bowl party! It was Shannon's supper club week but I offered our house to be used for the party, since we have a play room for the children and a big screen TV. There were only a few of us who were able to make it but we still had fun grilling, eating, watching one of the best bowl games I had seen in awhile, and oh yes, the commercials. What a weekend...we look forward to the next!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment